Friday, January 31, 2014

New Adventures with Etsy

Living in Greece has been a great source of inspiration especially during the summer months! Many of you know the best way for us girls to be dressed during the hot Greek summers is in shorts or dresses and the must have leather sandals!

I live in these Greek style sandals as many months possible or as long as socially acceptable. Many years ago when I had my new set of summer foot wear I decided I wanted them to be different from others and have something original, that is when I started to decorate them with whatever I had – ribbons, beads and crystals. I constantly got stopped to be asked where I purchased them! That's when it clicked with a friend of mine we could do this as a part-time thing. So we did! It was great fun and I loved creating new designs for the commonly known leather sandal.
Our little part-time fun ended a few summers down the line – life just got in the way.
Years later I had my lovely baby girl K and I decided to become a stay at home mom as I didn't want to miss out on anything K related! I'm actually a JK/ Kindergarten teacher so I love these early ages more than anyone can imagine! I didn't realize that staying home would give me the chance to start getting creative again. I didn't plan it, it just seemed to happen all on it's own. Painting, decorating and making little accessories started coming back into my life.
Looking around on Etsy is one of my favourite pastimes and I love getting things for K that are handmade! I started looking for little leather decorated sandals for this summer and just couldn't find any (or a least ones that I thought looked cute and were actual Greek style sandals). Ta-Da! My mind went crazy with what I could do! Honestly why shouldn't I just make them... I used to make grown up ones, teeny ones would be so much more fun to create!
So, K & Elphy was born (a year and so after baby K was). This a new adventure and I am beyond excited to start this journey! Stop by my Etsy shop and have a look at etsy.com/shop/KandElphy .
Thank you all so much for the support and I hope to see your little ones in K&Elphy sandals soon!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment