Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Preparations Have Began (garland edition)

K's Birthday is in One Week! OhMGeeness!!
In true me style I have started preparing for the big day!
We decided to have a little family cake cutting gathering on the day of K's birthday and then have an over the top party the next Saturday! 
I'm in party planning mode and loving it! After planning and loving every minute preparing for K's purple ombre themed baptism I knew what I want for her 1st birthday...Fuchsia, Pink and Gold!
I've started off with meeting up with my friend Zoe at her amazing shop The Sweet Spot to discuss, what else but the sweets and most importantly the cakes. Yes, cakes! Three in total. One for the day of K's birthday, a smash cake for the party and a big cake for the guests. There will also be cookies, cake pops and more goodies for everyone to enjoy! I am so excited to see what Zoe will create! 
I also started creating the decorations! Have I mentioned that Pinterest and I have a very special bond?! In true Pinterest style I have searched (using key words such as: pink&gold, 1st birthday and even gold weddings - don't judge) for decorating ideas. I decided on making a tassel garland, felt garland, a 12month photo garland, ballon bouquets, Happy Birthday sign, a gold letter K, chalkboard year info poster and writing/drawing on our new chalkboard wall! Well, at least I hope I get to do all of these in time.
I have completed the tassel garland which was fun to make. 



I used pink and fuchsia tissue paper and gold foil style paper.


I will post a full picture of the garland when I hang it up!


I also had extra fuchsia tassels so I added them to our pumpkins to also decorate them in our party theme! 


No comments:

Post a Comment