Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby Girl Nursery Project

This time last year we were preparing for our sweet arrival. Number 1 on my list of things to do? The nursery!

This is how the room looked before we got started

 I went for lilac and white walls with one purple column accent piece

Ikea crib with Zara Home pillows and throws

 My color scheme inspiration - I fell in love with this unicorn from Etsy's REcreationsyarn and it looked perfect in the room

DIY letter K to hang over crib - Made from foam then painted white and Cath Kidston washi tape for detailing

As I couldn't find a light fixture I liked (and could afford) I got the lime lantern from Ikea and the tissue pom poms from SweetTeaPaper

This was me trying to visualize the colors I wanted to order

 The room coming together
I found the rocking chair (after months of searching for it in white) at Lapin House! Finding such furniture is harder than you think here in Greece.

 The final touches were book shelves which are actually Ikea spice racks painted white (thanks to Ikea hacking found on Pinterest) and a nice big grey carpet

There is so much more to this room, which is my favorite space in the entire house. In a future post I will put more pictures up of how the rest of the room looks and what other items make it so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment