Friday, July 24, 2015

Bye Bye Room - tribute to K's nursery


The love I have for K's nursery is something special, it was my first time creating a space especially for my sweet girl and having her in this room just made it all that more amazing!

   


I never was the biggest fan of the color pink, I still don't like the shade of baby pink so I wanted to create a space that was girlie with wall colors that she will never grow out of (my husband made a statement that he will not paint walls every time I want to redecorate, haha). So, I wanted to pick something that could work with many color tones and the reason I went with a gray/ purple color scheme. Gray carpet, white furniture gray/purple main wall and darker purple accent wall and closet frame. Now, if you notice in the pictures there is a big white patch above K's bed.... well, that's the result of K not wanting to sleep one day so she decided to pick the paint off! We are patching that up with the remodeling of the room.


I DIYed the art in K's room (you can read more about those in my original nursery post), I hacked the ikea spice racks to create the book shelves. I couldn't find a nice light for the room so I created this flower shade that will definitely be sticking around. I also searched high and low for that rocking chair cause it was impossible to find any type of rocking chair here in Greece. 

             
                                                                                                                   

K doesn't spend too much time in her room to just play, her toys are in the living room. Though, she loves just sitting and reading her books as I clean up around her.
Don't be fouled by K's massive closet! She only takes up one part of it and the rest we use as storage cause our house doesn't have enough storage space, we only have closets in the bedrooms and nowhere else.

Etsy is not only the home of my little sandal shop K&Elphy but my favorite place to search for original items when I am thinking of K's room, or anything actually. I've created a Pinterest board with what I would like her room to look like and some great finds that I have already ordered, go have a look! 
*images below via Pinterest, go to link to find original sources

I want to introduce some more vibrant colors to the already very pastel space. I've started hacking the ikea Tarva bed in a twin size as the room isn't big enough to add a double bed. I'm going for frill style bedding with floral sheets, pops of fuchsia and gold (obviously). I'm still in search of a fab rug, any ideas? I don't want something too crazy but definitely vibrant and that ships to Greece!

I'm changing up the art a little bit too with some amazing original finds on Etsy, but still keeping some of what already exists. Storage bins are a must and some tassel garlands to top everything off!

K is totally ready for her big girl room, she wakes up every day and asks "ready?". She's helped me paint her bed and she's actually helped me pick which art pieces to go with when I couldn't choose between a few!

Keep posted with K's room developments on Snapchat (kandelphy) and some sneak peaks on Instagram (@kandelphy).

xoxo
Elphy

No comments:

Post a Comment