Saturday, April 12, 2014

K's Easter Basket

I'm in shock that Easter is next Sunday and it's K's second Easter too! How is this possible?!!
Easter is definitely my favorite of the religious holidays and it is also the more important one here in Greece. We go big and celebrate each day of the week leading up to Easter Sunday. Not only do we color eggs (red ones are the traditional ones) but we bake sweet bread, buy or make decorated candles (which are lit on Saturday night when Christ has risen), we cook specific foods,  we mark are doorways with the flame from our candles and finally on Sunday we roast whole lambs outside in fire pits and eat all day with family!

So the Easter basket tradition isn't a thing here in Greece but as I grew up with it, I believe K should too!
I went a bit overboard this year as last year's basket K really didn't understand. I also make a smaller version of a basket for my goddaughter and my husband's soon to become godson!

Lets get to it then!
Dolls, books, headband and clothes are a must!
I ordered most of these stuff ages ago to make sure they would arrive in time (I always need to factor in international shipping times). 
Two fab books, you can never have too many books, and some great dolls were my top items for K's basket. She loves reading books and I find it amazing how she reacts appropriately to what is happening in the story. About dolls, she didn't like dolls or stuffed animals up to a few weeks ago. She was actually scared of them and wouldn't even go near them! Until I got my hands on some of these amazing fabric printed dolls. She will hug them and put them to sit up on the couch, it's just the sweetest thing ever!

When I started to think about what I wanted to add to K's basket I didn't want to go with a theme. I just wanted it to be fun for her to go rummaging threw and for it to just look bright and happy! 


I did match the dolls to the books, which is always fun!
Flamingo- Zara Home

Bag- Baby Gap
Dress- H&M 
Headband- Georgia & Jane

Sneakers- Next Direct

I also believe you don't only need to have the classic bunny and chick thing going on in the basket! Hence the flamingo :)

I hope all your Easter planning has been fun and exciting! I love every last bit of the preparation part of things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment