Sunday, March 30, 2014

18 Year Old Sister

Yes, my sister is 18 (as of today)...we have 14 years difference between us - I know you are counting to figure out how old I am, go ahead I don't care!!!


Even though, when one turns 18 it isn't the cause of massive celebration here in Greece, I don't follow such rules! Give me an excuse to throw a party and it's done!

What do I need to throw a party:
An excuse - Sis turning 18
Theme - Black & Gold Glamor
Cake and deserts - The Sweet Spot
Balloons - lots of them
Guest List - lots of teenagers

So, a surprise party was my master plan! I wanted it to be a grand old surprise so it is a birthday my sweet sister can always remember and cherish as she is off to university in Fall.

I "hired" the help of my sister's best friend (who lives in the States) to organize the guest list. This was an interesting experience, many fb messages back and forth and many phone calls with my sister's other bff here in Greece. Thank you girls ;)
At first it was supposed to be a small gathering but then I thought, as I am doing this lets go big! (I'm not going to mention all the high school drama that went along with all this planning)

Next came the creation of the invite. Any party of mine needs an invitation, even if it is only via email and fb.
I used dafont.com for all the font fabness!


The cake! Theee Cake! Any 18th birthday needs a two layered birthday cake and The Sweet Spot came through once again with their amazing creation. I gave complete creative freedom to Zoe of The Sweet Spot and she made a masterpiece! We also added cake-pops in flower pots just because.


Decor was mainly balloons and one tassel garland I whipped up! Easy Peasy!




I also decorated my chalkboard wall and added photos of my sister (thank you daddy for gathering all the photos), one from every year since she was an itty bitty baby!



As this was a surprise party I knew my sister would be arriving in jeans and a tshirt! So, I had this fab dress waiting for her when she arrived for her to change into.


I think the entire event turned out lovely!








No comments:

Post a Comment